The River Island spring/summer collection is full of monochrome, neon and chunky heels. They also have some really nice jumpsuits and midi skirts which I haven't seen from the other high street spring/summer collections so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from River Island this season. Check out the collection here!
1. POLKA DOT TOP: This top is so cute for summer. It reminds me of swimming pools and the 90's, what a combo. They are also doing matching shorts which would look so cute together. I love simple pieces like this that you could wear with so many different things for a casual sunny day outfit.
2. PASTEL COLOUR BLOCK BAG: Whenever I buy a new bag I always end up getting a black or a brown one. I really need a nice and colourful one like this this year. I think the block pastel colours look really nice and stylish, definitely on my wishlist for the summer.
3. FLORAL JACKET: I really like River Island's long blazers and jackets in this style. My coat at the moment is the exact same style (see outfit post here) and I live in it. I love oversized boyfriend jackets because you can throw them over everything and snuggle up in it. The design is very bright for me as I mostly wear darker colours but I do really like this and will consider getting it when it's in store.
4. EMBELLISHED PASTEL BEANIE: I think this is so cool! You could make it look cute or even quite 90's grungy. I'm not a big hat person but I really wish I was so I could wear this! I think the lilac colouring will look really nice against brown and blonde hair.
5. WHITE BEADED DRESS: This dress definitely has a 1920's flapper feel to it which I adore! I really like white dresses in the summer and I love the beaded embellishments on this one. The photo of the model above shows what the dress looks like on, I think it looks really great for the summer especially for holidays abroad.
What do you think of this collection, and who has been your favourite s/s collection this year?